Film Description: This 1950 Soviet drama was directed by Mikhail Romm. It depicts the struggles of a Soviet spy who has infiltrated the German S.S. to interrupt a secret treaty agreement taking place between the U.S. government and Nazi Germany at the end of World War II. Once again, it is not the American people who are shown in a bad light but rather the American elites who are shown as hungering for a war with the Soviet Union.

In this scene an American senator is visiting Germany to conduct secret treaty negotiations with the Nazis. During the course of these negotiations he is brought an American POW who is supposed to fly the senator to London. The solider asks why the American senator is here, in Germany, and the following conversation ensues in which the senator attempts to convince the American POW that Germany is not the real enemy but the Soviet Union.

Translation from Russian:
Senator: “You see my boy, when the milk on your lips dries, you will understand that we only have one enemy, a red one. They are our enemy for our whole life, and with the others we have only grinding (minor bothers).
Soldier: “Ah, so the Russians who refueled my car when I was sitting with them, they are my enemies?”
Senator: “Yes, boy. This is as basic a truth as that there is a god in the sky.”
Solider: “And we (him and his fellow pilots; possibly meaning the Russians as well) chatted so contentedly in the skies, I did not even notice that.”
Senator: “Thats enough conversation, yes or no?” (Here the Senator is referring to his earlier asking of the soldier to fly him to London)
Solider: “I need to answer?”
Senator: “Immediately, you have fed me up!”
And then comes the punch, some insults fly back and forth, and the soldier is led out of the room.